Sunday, September 18, 2011

Whoops, I did it again, Skirt etiquette part 2

Ever had one of those mornings when you wake up and realize you are really late to get someplace? I woke up last Friday morning and realized I had exactly one hour to get to work. That means 1/2 hour to shower, do hair, makeup, throw something in a bag for breakfast, load my bike and to figure out what to wear and 1/2 hr to drive downtown, park, and pedal to work.
What to wear consisted of grabbing skirt and top that matched and didn't require ironing.
Mission accomplished and I am out the door by 7:30 looking reasonably put together, make up on, hair fluffed, food in the bag and most importantly, coffee in the to go mug.
Fifteen minutes later, arrive at free parking space, unfold the bike, put the seat up, hop on. On no, I should not have picked a short sort of tightish skirt. I lowered the seat about 8 inches so I could lift my leg high enough to get on and off the bike. I had to peddle sort of knock-kneed and each time a car came toward me, I stopped pedalling, posed on the bike with my knees together and and let momentum take me forward. Must try to keep lady like decorum while riding.
Made it to work with 7 minutes to spare, skirt and dignity intact. 
Tomorrow wearing longer looser skirt but not so loose it flies in the wind.

Update 5-17-2012. Wearing my somewhat loose spandex workout shorts has solved the problem. Long skirts, short skirts, no problemo.

No comments:

Post a Comment