Sunday, December 2, 2012

California Internaltional Marathon 2012 The Feet

 
 
THE FEET
 
 
After 4 years of nasty blisters, it was time for a change in 2012. Merrill Barefit shoes became my shoe of choice. I was able to avoid blisters for any mileage under 16 miles, but after that, not so good. Duck tape is the next line of defense.
So this is my foot at 4am, getting the alcohol and duck tape treatment.
The tape held tight through 26.2 miles of wet feet.
 
 
I am also really tired of spending beaucoup bucks, up to $25.00 a pair of socks that  are supposed to guard against blisters. So This is a pair of Target $1.00 socks. Not only are they are cheap, they are quite good looking. I even had an argyle pair to match my 4th pair of Merrills.
Results, blister on 1 toe and above tape line below the toes on my right foot.


No comments:

Post a Comment