Thursday, October 6, 2011

Big Rock Candy Mountain



Utah has come of the most spectacular scenery know to man. It's worth the 10 hour drive through the desert on Hwy 50. Little red bike went us on the trip.
One of my goals in Utah was for me to ride the Big Rock Candy Mountain Rails to Trail bike trail. Rails and Trails converts abandoned rail lines to bike and hiking trails. The BRCM trail is 16 miles long and passed right by our cabin in Joseph,Utah.
I rode 12 miles round trip from Joseph to Elsinore the first evening we arrived. Terrain is gently rolling hills. I cruised past cows, alfalfa fields and farm houses.
I rode the second half the trail from BRCM In Marysvale UT to Joseph on Tuesday morning. This direction the trail is mostly downhill and it follows the Sevier River through red rocks and spectular formations. I did not pass a sole on either leg of the trip.
Picts of views along Big Rock Candy Mountain trail. The composition of the mountain is hydrothermically altered volcanic carbonate. Candy wins in my book any day.

No comments:

Post a Comment