Friday, July 13, 2012

SAN FRANCISCO 1/2 MARATHON OVER THE GG BRIDGE JULY 29

Signing up for the SF Half last January seemed like a great idea. I was particularly influenced by the 2011 t-shirts, long sleeve Giant's orange technical t's with an outline of the Golden Gate bridge on the front.
It seemed like a great motivational run in the summer, keep me going during the time it's tough of want to do much of anything. I signed up Jan 29, wave 8 to give me time to get over the bridge and back in the 3 hr time limit.
That was before I knew we were going to Texas for a week in June, before I decided to take a break from walking in May to cycle, before I tore my right plantaris tendon  week 3 of June and before the July family reunion in Oregon.
So I have walked 6 miles just before the plantaris tear and just now have been able to walk 3 miles. Hills are not such a problem, but 13.1 in 2 weeks. Oh my...
The thought of getting my feet in walking shape, the thought of walking for 3 hrs without sitting down, the pressure of having to finish in a cut off time. This was supposed to be a step back week in my training, not an all out attempt to just finish.
So we'll see what the next 2 weeks brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment