Monday, July 23, 2012

WHEN I WAS 7 YEARS OLD I WAS GIVEN MY VERY FIRST BIKE

MY VERY FIRST BIKE
I have been really, really wanting a beach cruiser bike and really had no reason to buy one. I have a road bike and my little red fold-up bike. My bike that was a gift from my parents for my 7th birthday has been hanging in their garage, unridden since I left UCD in 1972.
On Saturday, we cut it down from the rafters and it is now being renovated to be my beach cruiser. It has a Sacramento bike license from the 1960's, my UCD bike registration sticker on the back fender, my name painted on the underside of the frame.

The yellow is a bit brighter than shown, frame is steel gray. The sucker weighs a ton.

 The front tire is shredded, but the tube still holds air. 
The bike is now is in pieces in our garage. The yellow fenders and gray frame will have to be sanded and repainted, it needs a new chain, tires and the ball bearings replaced in the handle bar column. It's rusty and dented, sort of like me.  Hey, what do you expect after 55 years?
This is going to be so cool. Keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment